We've just released Flet 0.10.0 with FastAPI support!
FastAPI coupled with Uvicorn, Hypercorn, Gunicorn or other web server replaces built-in Flet web server (Fletd) to reliably run production Flet workloads.
On the other hand, seasoned FastAPI developers can use Flet to easily add interactive, real-time dashboards and admin UI to their existing or new FastAPI services.
A minimal app example
import flet as ft
async def main(page: ft.Page):
app = flet_fastapi.app(main)
It's a simple app that just outputs "Hello, Flet!" on a web page.
To run the app install Flet for FastAPI and Uvicorn:
pip install flet-fastapi
pip install uvicorn
Save the code above to
hello.py and then start uvicorn as:
Open the browser and navigate to http://127.0.0.1:8000 to see the app running.
Flet app must be async in order to work with FastAPI WebSocket handler.
Features and benefits
- Multiple Flet apps on a single domain - mapped to the root and/or sub-paths.
- Simple one-line mappings or individual endpoint configurations.
- Light-weight async wrapper around FastAPI WebSocket connection for greater concurrency.
- Serves Flet static files with user assets and app meta-information customization.
- Uploads handler for
- OAuth callback handler for authentication flows.
Check the guide for complete information about Flet with FastAPI.